NMVTIS CONSUMER ACCESS PRODUCT DISCLAIMERRevised April 2015
- Information from participating state motor vehicle titling agencies.
- Information on automobiles, buses, trucks, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, motor homes, and tractors. NMVTIS may not currently include commercial vehicles if those vehicles are not included in a state’s primary database for title records (in some states, those vehicles are managed by a separate state agency), although these records may be added at a later time.
- Information on “brands” applied to vehicles provided by participating state motor vehicle titling agencies. Brand types and definitions vary by state, but may provide useful information about the condition or prior use of the vehicle.
- Most recent odometer reading in the state’s title record.
- Information from insurance companies, and auto recyclers, including junk and salvage yards, that is required by law to be reported to the system, beginning March 31, 2009. This information will include if the vehicle was determined to be a “total loss” by an insurance carrier.
- Information from junk and salvage yards receiving a “cash for clunker” vehicle traded-in under the Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Act of 2009 (CARS) Program.
VIN Data Products LLC is an Approved NMVTIS Data Provider.
Instant VIN and real-time Vehicle History and Title Reports for autos, trucks, motorcycles, Powersports, RVs, Classic Cars and more.
Copyright © 2022 VIN Data Products LLC. All rights reserved.
All logos, trademarks and registered trademarks presented are the property of their respective owners.